At Droidcon in Berlin Sascha got to go hands on with a new Smartphone by Sony, the Xperia SP.This isn’t a new highend device, the Xperia Z keeps that title this is going to be a new mid range handset, but even at in this category the SP looks like it will hold its own.
The Sony Xperia SP is going to be sporting Android Jelly Bean which is the latest operating system offered by Google. If you want to see the full specifications for the Xperia SP we’ve got them for you below.
- 4.6-inch display with 1280 × 720 pixels resolution
- MSM8960Pro Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor with 1.7 GHz
- Adreno 320
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB flash memory
- up to 32 GB via MicroSD Kartenslo
- 8 megapixel camera on the back with RS Exmor sensor, Front VGA only
- Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, NFC
- 2,370 mAh
The dimensions of the Xperia SP are 130.6 x 67.1 x 10 mm and 155 grams so it’s not exactly a lightweight. In the video we also take a moment to compare it to the Samsung Galaxy S3 which you can see the SP. The handset isn’t very thin or light, but this is due to the large 2,370 mAh battery, which should give it 19 hours of talk time and almost a full month standby.