The LG G3 is spreading across the world. It is all but guaranteed to be a global hit, and we know many of you will be needing to factory reset at some point. Whether you simply want a fresh start or are getting ready to hand the device over to someone else, you should make sure you set it back to factory settings.
We are sure you will be looking for some handy tutorials, as this is set to be one of the most popular smartphones in 2014. This is why we have decided to show you the process and help you through it.
It’s very simple to factory reset your device, but we do have to remind you to back up your valuable files – everything will be erased. Also make sure to keep your device plugged in or have your device charged enough to go through this whole process without dying. It’s usually not good news when a phone powers off in the middle of a factory reset.
With all that out of the way, let’s get started! There are two ways to factory reset the LG G3. One is a soft reset while the other is labeled as a hard reset. The main difference is that one is done via the software while the other uses a combination of buttons. We would advice that you stick to the former method, as a hard reset is only adopted when you can’t use the device.
How to soft reset an LG G3
- Turn your phone on.
- Open your Settings app.
- Go to General > Backup & factory reset > Factory reset.
- Accept all the permissions and the phone will do its magic.
How to hard reset an LG G3
- Turn your phone off.
- Press and hold the volume down and power button.
- When the LG Logo appears in the screen, release the power button (keep holding the volume down button), then press and hold the power button again.
- The factory reset menu will appear.
- Agree with the power button and wait for the phone to do its thing.