The Xiaomi Mi 4 is one hell of a device, and since Xiaomi always sells out in minutes, we know many of you will be rocking this smartphone. A time will come when you need to perform a factory reset on this beauty, and we are here to show you how it’s done.
A factory data reset can be very helpful when your device starts acting up, which is a natural symptom of prolonged usage. It will completely wipe your phone and leave the software at the state it was when you first turned it on. This also means you should make sure you back up all your important files, if you can.
Another benefit of performing a reset to factory settings is that it keeps your private information and data safe when you are ready to sell the phone or hand it over to its new owner. Without further ado, let’s show you a couple ways to do a factory reset on your Xiaomi Mi 4.
How to soft reset your Xiaomi Mi 4
- Turn your phone on and unlock it.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Head to “Backup & reset”.
- Tap on “Factory data reset”.
- Select “Reset device”.
- Tap on “Erase everything”.
- Confirm by pressing “OK”.
- Let the phone do its thing for some minutes.
- You are done!
How to hard reset your Xiaomi Mi 4
- Turn your phone off.
- Press & hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release the Power button when the Mi logo appears on the screen (don’t release the volume button yet).
- You can let go of the Volume Up button once Recovery mode shows up.
- From here, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using the power button.
- Select “English” (or whatever language you prefer).
- Then select “Wipe Reset”.
- Go on to choose “Wipe all data” and confirm by selecting “Yes”.
- Let the phone do its thing for a few minutes.
- You are done!