The Sony Xperia Z3 is an amazing smartphone. We have reviewed it and it is one of our favorites right now, but at some point we will all need to part ways with it. Such is the way of modern day technology, which evolves fast. You must be ready for the transition, and one of the most important steps is resetting your device to factory settings.
Factory resetting your device is the process of completely wiping its contents and getting it back to how it was the very first time you turned it on. It’s important to do this before selling or handing the device to someone else. Don’t want all your personal data in someone else’s power, do you?
Wiping your Sony Xperia Z3 is a relatively simple process, but most people don’t know how to do it. There’s often not many tutorials, and official documentation can be hidden in remote placed around the internet. This is why we thought it would be handy to make a good tutorial for you.
Please do keep in mind this process erases everything in your phone. Back up before doing this. Also make sure you have your device plugged in or it has enough charge to go through the process without dying. It’s usually bad news when the phone dies in the middle of a factory reset.
With that out of the way, let’s jump right into the steps. There are two ways to factory reset a device: a hard reset and a soft reset. The latter is done via the software, while the former is done via a combination of button presses. One usually hard resets when the phone is not in working order and the software can’t be accessed.
How to soft reset a Sony Xperia Z3
- Turn your phone on and unlock the screen.
- Go into your Settings app.
- Scroll down to “Backup and restore” and select that option.
- Pick the “Factory data reset” option.
- Select “Erase Phone”.
- Select “Erase everything”.
- Agree to a warning that will pop up.
- You are set, the phone will do its thing and restart itself.
How to hard reset a Sony Xperia Z3
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the volume up and down buttons simultaneously.
- Then press and hold the power key (while you are still holding the volume up and down buttons).
- The device will enter Recovery Mode, release the buttons once this happens.
- You can navigate up and down with the volume keys, while the power button can be used to select an option.
- Select the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then press “Yes”.
- After that, simply press on the “Reboot system now” option.
- Your phone will restart and be ready for action!