The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge sure is amazing. It’s definitely among the best phones of 2015, so we know many of you will be wondering how to perform a factory data reset at some point.
Whether you forgot your password, want to sell the phone or simply want to give it a fresh start, wiping the phone is a very effective solution. It leaves the phone as it was when you first turned it on and protects your private information from reaching strange hands. Now, it does delete everything in the phone, so be sure to backup those important files first.
With that in mind, let’s jump into all the juicy details. We will show you a couple ways to perform a factory data reset. We call these soft and hard factory resets. The former is the easiest and can be done by simply accessing the settings. The latter is for those who don’t have access to the phone for whatever reason.
How to soft reset Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Turn your phone on and unlock it.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select “Backup & reset”.
- Tap on “Reset device”.
- Select “Erase everything”.
- After this, the phone will do its thing for some minutes and then restart. You are done!
How to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Turn the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge off.
- Once it’s off, press & hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- You can release the buttons when the Samsung logo appears.
- The phone will enter recovery mode. You can release the buttons when this happens.
- You can now use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”.
- Select “Yes — delete all user data”.
- The phone will do its thing for a few minutes. When it’s done, select “Reboot system now”.