The OnePlus One is one of the biggest sensations among Android fanatics. The devices manages to bring some of the best specs in the market for a price that can be matched by none. The invite system keeps a slow flux of devices to the market, we know these phones are becoming much more readily available with time.
The day will come when you will have to part ways with your OnePlus One, or maybe you just need to start fresh. Regardless of your situation, we wanted to show you how a factory reset is done. The phone is rare, so we know tutorials are scarce.
It’s relatively simple to do a factory reset, but once it’s done there’s no going back. All data and files will be completely wiped and the phone will be back to the way it was when purchased. With that in mind, make sure you back up all your important files before going through this process.
How to soft reset OnePlus One
- Turn phone on.
- Open Settings app.
- Scroll down until you find Backup & reset.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Select Reset phone.
- Select Erase everything.
- Done, let the phone do its thing and it will be wiped.
How to hard reset OnePlus One
- Turn phone off.
- Turn the phone back on while holding the Volume Down button.
- The phone will vibrate, let go when that happens.
- Your phone will enter Simple Recovery.
- Select “Wipe cache partition”, you can select it with the power button.
- You will get a “Cache wipe complete” message.
- Continue and now select “Wipe data / factory reset”.
- Done, let the phone do its thing and it willb e wiped.