The ASUS Zenfone 2 is one hell of a phone with a price that is beat by none. We are sure it will be up there with affordability champions like the Moto G, which means many of you will be looking to factory reset the device at some point. Worry not, friends – we are here to show you exactly how this is done.
A factory data reset is a great way to start fresh when your device is acting up. It’s also the best way to keep all your private information safe whenever you decide to sell or give away your device. Because this process does wipe your device clean, though, you better be sure to back up all your important files. Everything in the phone will be deleted once this is all said and done.
With all that in mind, let’s jump into the details. We have a couple ways to factory reset your smartphone. A soft reset implies using your software settings. This is the easiest way to perform a data reset and is the recommended process. Unless you can’t access your setting for some reason, in which case you can use the hardware keys to perform a hard reset.
How to soft reset your ASUS Zenfone 2
- Turn your phone on and unlock it.
- Go to your Settings app.
- Select “Backup & reset”.
- Tap on “Factory data reset”.
- Select “Reset phone”.
- You will be prompted for a security code. Enter it and then select “Erase Everything”.
- Select “OK” and let the phone do its thing.
- You are done!
How to hard reset your ASUS Zenfone 2
- Turn your phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys until a menu appears in your screen.
- From here you can use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select.
- Select “Factory data reset” and let the phone do its thing.
- You are done!