Android holds a plethora of hidden gems. There is no real manual to using a smartphone, so we often have to discover all the cool features on our own. We have been testing all kinds of devices for a long time, so we thought it would be great to share one of those features that are hard to find but you won’t be able to live without.
In this tutorial we will show you how to copy & paste text on an Android smartphone or tablet. It’s actually a really simple process, so let’s jump right into it and show you how it’s done.
How to copy & paste text on an Android device
- Find the text you wish to copy.
- Long press right on top of it.
- The text will be highlighted. You can modify your selection by dragging the pointers that show up.
- In the image above you will see the options that appear. The first is “Select All, which is followed by “Copy”, “Share” and “Search”.
- Select “Copy” and then go where you wish to input your copied text.
- Long press on the area where you wish to paste, then select the “Paste” button.