The Oppo R7 is a solid smartphone, but at some point it will start failing on you or you will have to upgrade. Factory resetting your smartphone is the best way to get rid of software issues and keep your data safe before handing your device to its next owner, as it deletes everything and leaves the phone’s software the way it was when you first turned it on. Not sure how to wipe your phone clean? Let’s show you how it’s done!
How to factory reset Oppo R7 via software options
- Turn your device on and unlock it.
- Open your Settings app.
- Scroll down and hit “Backup & reset”.
- Select “Factory data reset”.
- Select “Reset device”.
- Tap on “Erase everything”.
- Let the phone do its thing for a few minutes, until it restarts.
- You are done!
How to factory reset Oppo R7 via recovery
- Turn your Oppo R7 off.
- Press & hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- The Oppo logo will appear. You can now release the Power button, but keep holding the Volume Down button.
- A language menu will appear, you can now let go off the volume button.
- From here, you can use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select.
- Go ahead and select “English”, or whatever language you prefer.
- Once you are in the Recovery Menu, select “Wipe data and cache”.
- Select “Yes”.
- You are done! Simply reboot your device and get going.