The Archos GamePad is a 7″ tablet running Android 4.1, it’s claim to fame are the physical buttons and joystick found on the sides of which give it a gaming focus. Under the hood we’ve got a dual-core CPU the RK3066 which is based on ARM Cortex A9 architecture and quad-core Mali 400 graphics processor alongside 8GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot for expansion.
We take a look at the Gaming tablets performance while playing games like Modern Combat 4 and GTA Vice City and some the console classics Mario Kart 64 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
If you’re curious how the viewing angles look, we’ve got a video showing that off as well.
GamePad Archos 7 Inch Tablet Specifications
- OS: Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Processor: ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core, Rockchip RK3066, 1.6GHz
- Skin Memory: 1 GB
- System Memory: 8 GB Flash, expandable with microSD cards up to 64 GB (SDXC)
- Graphics Unit: ARM Mali-400 MP4, quad-core
- Display: 7-inch TN panel, capacitive 5-point multi-touch screen, 1024 x 600 pixels, 170 ppi
- Cameras: front, 0.3 megapixel, 640 x 480 pixels
- Communications: 802.11b/g/n WLAN
- Interface: Micro-B USB 2.0, mini-HDMI output, built-in speaker
- Controller: control crown | A, B, Y, X-keys | L1, L2, R1, R2 buttons | 2 analog sticks | Select, Start button
- Other: G-sensor, built-in microphone and speaker, mapping tool
- Battery: Lithium Polymer
- Dimensions: 229.8 x 118.7 x 15.4 mm
- Weight: 330 grams
- Accessories: User Manual, Warranty and safety, charger and USB cable